Rebound is a Certified Clinical Site for Sportsmetrics™!
The program itself:
- The first ACL injury prevention program shown to statistically reduce the incidence of serious knee injuries in athletes. ACL injuries occur 6-10x more often in female athletes, and 2/3 of these injuries are non-contact injuries.
- Designed as an injury prevention program to teach athletes neuromuscular control during jumping and landing and teach them how to pre-position their bodies during acceleration and deceleration activities.
- 6 week program, 3 days/week, each session about an hour long
- About 30-40 minutes of each session is plyometrics, and the remainder of each session is for strength training and speed/agility.
- NOT a drop-in program, and is best for the athlete to participate in the full 6 weeks. Research shows that if athletes participated in fewer than 85% of the sessions, the effectiveness for knee injury prevention decreased.
- This intense program is also advertised as a sports performance program. Therefore, it is not for individuals in rehab or struggling with an injury.